Ultimate SEO Strategies To Double Your Black Friday Sales(In 2022)
Hello all! Pablo Espinal here,
Black Friday is coming up, and that means one thing – sales!
Take advantage of the holiday shopping season this year by doubling your sales.
By using SEO strategies to bring in more shoppers.
In this blog post, we will discuss some of the best SEO tactics to help you boost your Black Friday sales.
Let’s do this…
- Black Friday online sales statistics as of 2022:
- 1- Dedicated Landing Pages Must Be A Priority
- 2- UX Is Super Important
- Super important elements for outstanding UX include:
- Faceted Navigation
- Some things to pay attention to when it comes to faceted navigation:
- Shopping Cart Optimization
- Some things to pay attention to when it comes to shopping cart optimization:
- Improving on-page user experience
- Some things to pay attention to when it comes to improving on-page UX:
- 3- Paid Search Will Muscle Up Your Sales
- 4- Your Google Business Profile Needs To Be Ready
- 5- Promote Your Sales To Your Subscribers And On Social Media
- 6- Your Product Pages Need Structured Data
- Frequently asked questions about Black Friday SEO
Black Friday online sales statistics as of 2022:
88 million Americans shopped online during the Black Friday 2021 period.
Over 30 billion dollars were generated in sales during the 2021 Black Friday period.
1- Dedicated Landing Pages Must Be A Priority
A dedicated landing page is a single web page created to target a particular product or service specifically.
For example, if you run an online store selling clothing and accessories, you might create a dedicated landing page for each of your Black Friday sales.
This will allow you to target specific keywords, optimize the SEO of your content, and increase click conversions.
Remember to add any new pages you create to your XML sitemap; here is how to do that:
1. Log into your website’s SEO dashboard and click on the XML sitemap tab.
2. Enter the URL of each page you want to include in your sitemap and click “Add.”
3. Review your sitemap, make any necessary changes or additions, and then hit “Save Changes.”
If needed, remember to deploy 302 redirects; you can do this by following these steps:
1. Log into your website’s SEO dashboard and click on the “Redirects” tab.
2. Enter the URL of the old page you want to redirect, then select either a 301 or 302 redirect type.
3. Add any additional settings or notes if desired, then hit “Add Redirect.”
2- UX Is Super Important
UX or website user experience is defined as the overall experience a website visitor has when navigating your site.
This includes the layout and design of your pages, how easy it is to find what you’re looking for, and how fast your site loads.
To improve your SEO and boost sales on Black Friday, it’s essential to focus on UX.
Super important elements for outstanding UX include:
This means breaking down your product categories into smaller, more intuitive subcategories.
This makes it easier for shoppers to find what they’re looking for and reduces the number of clicks required to reach their desired product.
Some things to pay attention to when it comes to faceted navigation:
– Choosing the right categories and subcategories
– Keep your navigation simple, using clear labels and descriptive text, as opposed to generic text like “click here” or “add to cart.”
-Index bloat, including too many categories and subcategories, can make your navigation more complicated to use.
Shopping Cart Optimization
This means making your shopping cart as user-friendly as possible.
This includes adding progress indicators, optimizing the checkout process for mobile users, and ensuring any errors or glitches are dealt with quickly and efficiently.
Some things to pay attention to when it comes to shopping cart optimization:
Delivery methods – this means showing shoppers all the different delivery options available and allowing them to choose the one that best fits their needs.
Payment methods – this means making your payment options easy to find and clear, with no hidden fees or other surprises.
Email notifications – Especially for cart abandonment, mean sending automated emails to shoppers who abandon their carts, with clear and straightforward CTAs encouraging them to return.
Test page speed on different mobile devices – using tools like Google PageSpeed Insights or GTmetrix to test your page speed and identify ways to improve it.
Add a 404 error page – this means creating a custom 404 error page that is simple, clear, and easy to use.
This helps reduce bounce rates and keep visitors on your site longer.
Improving on-page user experience
This means optimizing your content for SEO, including keywords and meta descriptions, and adding things like images and videos to improve engagement.
Some things to pay attention to when it comes to improving on-page UX:
Page speed improvement tools – using tools like PageSpeed Insights or GTmetrix to identify ways to improve page speed and SEO ranking.
Use of SEO-friendly tags – this means using SEO tags like <h1> and <meta> tags, as well as adding alt text to your images.
CTAs and forms – this means making sure your call-to-action and any forms on your site are visible and optimized for SEO.
Overall design and layout – this means focusing not just on SEO, but also on the overall appearance of your site, making sure it is easy to navigate and pleasing to look at.
Here are some super reliable online page improvements tools you can use:
3. SEOmoz SEO toolkit
4. Screaming Frog SEO Spider Tool
5. MozBar SEO Explorer and Keyword Explorer
6. Wordstream Free Keyword Tool and AdWords Grader
3- Paid Search Will Muscle Up Your Sales
Paid search is defined as the buying of search engine marketing space so that you can appear on the first page of Google’s search results.
Some things to pay attention to when it comes to paid search:
Run paid ads before Black Friday – Running paid ads before black Friday will allow you to get your products in front of the right shoppers and build momentum for your sales event.
Your campaign goals should match your funnel – this means that your goals for your paid search campaign should align with where people are in your sales funnel.
Test ads should be included in your budget – you should set aside some of your budget specifically for testing new ads and optimizing the ones already running.
As a refresher, here is how to set up a PPC campaign on your Google ads account:
1. Log in to your Google Ads account and click on the “Campaign” tab.
2. Choose whether to create a new campaign or edit an existing one, then select your budget, location targeting, and other settings.
3. Add keywords for your ad groups and write compelling ads to attract clicks from potential customers.
4. Set up automatic bidding rules and track your campaign’s performance using metrics like conversion rate and quality score.
5. Test different variations of your ads to optimize them for performance and make changes as needed to ensure continued success with paid search campaigns.
4- Your Google Business Profile Needs To Be Ready
We recently wrote a post showing you how to set up and manage a Google business profile.
Well, the things we spoke about on that post are important to look at before Black Friday comes through.
Some things to pay attention to when it comes to your Google Business profile:
There should be black Friday categories set up on your profile – This means adding special ‘black Friday categories to your profile so that people can easily find you and your products.
Once black Friday is over, replace the category with a “Christmas” category. You get the gist.
Ensure you provide relevant delivery information pertaining to holiday times – this means including specific delivery information for Black Friday, such as whether or not you offer free shipping and what time your last order will be placed before the holidays.
Remind your customers to leave a review – We recently wrote a post detailing the importance of customer reviews.
This is as important as always, given the sudden increase of visitors to your website during black Friday dates.
Remember to answer comments or questions quickly to avoid bad reviews.
As a refresher, here is how to set up a category on your Google Business profile:
1. Log in to your Google My Business account and click on the “Categories” link on the left-hand menu.
2. Add relevant categories pertaining to what you sell, and make sure each type is accurate and specific.
3. Save your changes, then submit them for approval.
4. Once approved, these categories will appear on your Google business profile and make it easier for potential customers to find you during shopping seasons like Black Friday!
5- Promote Your Sales To Your Subscribers And On Social Media
One of the best ways to promote your Black Friday sales is by leveraging the power of email marketing and social media.
Some things to pay attention to when it comes to promoting deals to your subscriber list:
Create personalized email campaigns – These allow you to segment your subscribers based on their purchase history and interest and then send them targeted messages about relevant sales.
Include social media sharing buttons in your emails – This will make it easy for your customers to share deals and promotions with their friends on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.
Some things to pay attention to when it comes to promoting deals on social media:
Set up special promotions and contests – Posting about your Black Friday sales on social media is a great way to get the word out.
Still, you can take things a step further by running special promotions or contests that incentivize people to share your posts with their friends.
Post engaging content leading up to Black Friday – To ensure that people are paying attention to your social media posts, it’s important to post engaging content leading up to Black Friday.
This could include sneak peeks of new products, deals, or even holiday-themed content that gets people in the spirit.
6- Your Product Pages Need Structured Data
Your product pages should include things like structured data markup, or schema.
Steps to adding structured data to your website:
1. Start by identifying key product pages on your website, such as your Black Friday deals or products that are likely to be popular during the holiday season.
2. Once you have chosen these pages, add schema markup to them using a structured data plugin or a tool like Schema App, Google’s Structured Data Markup Helper, or SEOBook SERP Scraper.
3. Make sure to thoroughly test and double-check your markup before publishing it to ensure everything is functioning properly and showing up correctly in search results.
Steps to adding structured data to your website using the Schema app:
1. Sign up for a free account on the Schema App website and click on the “Add Schema” button to get started.
2. Select the product type that best matches your page (for example, “product”), then click on the dropdown menu to choose the appropriate type of product, such as a t-shirt or shirt.
3. Next, add details about your product, including name, brand, price, URL, color options and more.
4. Finally, test your markup using Google’s Structured Data Testing Tool to ensure that everything is functioning properly and showing up correctly in search results.
5. Once you have verified that everything is working properly, simply save and publish your markup on your website.
Frequently asked questions about Black Friday SEO
What are holiday-related keywords in SEO?
Holiday-related keywords are terms and phrases related to popular shopping holidays like Black Friday, including things like “Black Friday sales,” “online deals,” and “holiday promotional offers.”
Using these keywords in your SEO strategy can help you better target customers who are actively looking for discounts and special promotions during key shopping periods like Black Friday.
How can I optimize my website for SEO during the holiday season?
There are a number of strategies that you can use to optimize your website for SEO during the holiday season, including using targeted keywords in your content and titles, setting up structured data markup on your product pages, and creating engaging content that will catch people’s attention on social media platforms like Facebook and Twitter.
Additionally, you may want to consider partnering with influencers and other online publishers to boost your reach and get more exposure during the holiday season.
What is Black Friday marketing?
Black Friday marketing refers to the strategies and tactics used by online retailers to promote deals and discounts on products during key shopping days like Black Friday.
This can include things like setting up special promotions and running social media contests or optimizing your website for SEO to boost your online visibility and reach new customers.
Whether you are a small independent business or a large e-commerce platform, implementing effective Black Friday marketing strategies can be an important way to drive sales and increase revenue during this highly competitive time of year.
What PPC budget should I have for Black Friday?
There is no one-size-fits-all answer to this question, as the amount of money that you should allocate to your PPC budget for Black Friday will depend on a number of factors, including your level of competition, industry trends, and marketing goals.
That said, many businesses choose to increase their PPC budgets during the holiday season in order to take advantage of increased search volume and more competitive ad bidding.
Ultimately, the best way to determine an appropriate PPC budget for Black Friday is to test and optimize your campaigns over time based on results from conversion tracking and other metrics like click-through rate (CTR) and cost per click (CPC).
What kind of product discounts should I offer for Black Friday?
There is no one “right” answer to this question, as the type of product discounts that you should offer for Black Friday will depend on a number of factors, including your target audience and industry trends.
Some common strategies include offering deep discounts, bundling products together at a discount, or running flash sales or other limited-time promotions.
Ultimately, the key is to find ways to stand out from the competition and maximize your profits during this highly competitive shopping period.
Please don’t forget to leave a comment below and share on your social media if you found this information useful!
Till next time!